Why are We Unique?
We are developing an Antibody Immunotherapy Drug that is predicted to have the ability to treat multiple types of cancers, with a current focus on Multiple Myeloma.
Our technology and concept:
- Encompasses a critical area of cancer research and immunology that has been overlooked by the scientific community.
- Uses a patient’s own immune system to fight cancer in a balanced fashion.
- Has the potential to rationally and safely combine with other treatments.
- Provides the opportunity for early partnerships. “Patent Cliffs” (primary drugs that have fallen off patent protection) have caused havoc in traditional drug development groups. Large pharmaceutical companies have been forced to cut back on their internal research & development and are now looking externally for smaller but dramatic biotech discovery programs that they can license or acquire. As such, small biotech companies can often partner with larger companies and, in so doing, achieve faster exits for their early investors.
- Pharmaceutical companies are very interested in the development of antibody drugs, and are currently seeking novel cancer targets and approaches like the ones being developed at Novelogics. Our approach is not a “personalized medicine” option, so it should be less cumbersome to deliver.
- Expected to broadly treat the top 10 types of deadly cancers vs. more targeted drugs that are designed for specific types of cancer and often only work well on one kind of cancer.
- By design our concept is expected to be less toxic than traditional therapies either on the market or coming through the pipeline, and given the way our drug is expected to work, it should not make a patient sick to get better.
- Drug resistance is less likely to develop considering the drug target is not actually on or within the cancer cell, but instead indirectly reactivates the immune system to fight the disease.
- In addition to the antibody drug, we will be developing an independent, yet related, medical device.